Sponsor KC Geeks
I love promoting and being a part of the geek community in Kansas City, and would love to help share the awesomeness of your work/company/business/brand/store/etc.
KC Geeks is an informational resource hub for all things geeky in Kansas City. I share profiles of groups, events, and experiences of interest to the local geek community. If your company or brand speaks to that audience, read on for how we could work together.
The KC Geeks Audience
I have a dedicated following, including about 6,500 unique pageviews a month, a bi-weekly mailing list, and nearly 2,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The site and my followers are growing every day!
I offer a number of ways to connect your business with the Kansas City geek community. Any sponsored content will be fully disclosed as sponsored per FTC requirement.
- Posts: I can write a sponsored post to be posted here on KCGeeks.com, or craft a guest post to be posted on your blog or website. I have been a professional writer for more than 15 years, and am the author of four best-selling books, so you can expect well-written content – on deadline – from me. See an example of a brand-sponsored post here, and a guest posted review here.
- Reviews/Giveaways: You provide an item or experience for me to review on KCGeeks.com, plus an additional item for me to give away. I will promote the review and giveaway via my social channels and newsletter. This is a great way to spread the word about a new product launch! You are responsible for arranging shipment to the winner, whose contact info I will provide. Products should be geek or Kansas City-related.
- Coverage (e.g.: cons and other geeky events): Conventions are a VERY busy time for me – I attend as many panels and talk to as many industry professionals as I can, and live Tweet/Instagram coverage, plus post a recap of each event I attend. This coverage often leads to increased website traffic and new follows. You can capitalize on that by sponsoring my event coverage! I will write an introductory post highlighting your sponsorship, which will include your logo and link. Multiple event social posts will also feature your sponsorship, as well as the recap post. Daily and package rates available.
- Ads: I have multiple areas in my website sidebar, and within posts where I could place a banner ad for you. Please contact me for rates and options.
- Brand Ambassador: I would love to help promote your brand as an enthusiastic ambassador. I work in social media professionally, and love to sing the praises of worthy products and companies. Please contact me to discuss how we can make this passion and tireless enthusiasm mutually beneficial.
If you want to place text links or provide content that is NOT geek- or Kansas City-related, please do not bother reaching out.
- Local geek events in Kansas City
- Commentary on fandoms and geek current events
- What it means to be a geek
- Blogging 101
- Optimizing your website for search engines and social sharing
- Content strategy and editorial calendars
If you would like to speak with me about any of the above advertising opportunities–or a unique idea all your own, please email me (Angie) at info/at/kcgeeks/dot/com.